- Location: Berkshire
- Job Type: Purchasing/Procurement
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£28-32k DOE
- Date Posted: 24/03/2022
- Expiry Date: 30/04/2022
Buyer & Stock Controller
Role: Buyer & Stock Controller
Salary: c£28-32k DOE
My client, one of the UK’s largest providers of high end ingredients and finished products to retail and manufacturers, is looking for a Buyer & Stock Controller to join their Procurement & Quality team. This position is an instrumental role within the business, responsible to ensure optimum stock levels are kept at all times and computer systems are up to date and accurate.
- To assist the Head of Procurement to procure, negotiate and mitigate supply chain costs
- To expedite all purchase orders identifying any shortages or anticipated delays and where appropriate find alternative products / source of supply
- Analyse figures / forecasts prior to calculating order requirements in advance of predetermined stock holding parameters.
- Ensure best practice stock control principles are adhered to in line with the company standards
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best possible trading terms – including netprices, discounts, rebates, promotional support, growth incentives and payment terms
- Work with other members of staff and departments to ensure the standards of Food Safety and Hygiene are maintained as detailed in the QA Manual.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP (B1 preferable) and MRP systems.
- Understanding and experience of stock category management, stock control & shelf life constraints.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and professionalism
- Literate, numerate and highly competent using Microsoft Outlook, Work & Excel
- Experience of working in food manufacturing or distribution in a fast paced environment
- Excellent IT Skills – excel, word and SharePoint
- Be willing to learn and be enthusiastic about the job
If you think this role is for you, email your CV to email@example.com with KG/10826 as a reference or give me a call on 0161 832 7463 / 07399 935 170 and I’ll be more than happy to have a chat and give you more information!
Not for you? That’s ok! Maybe you know someone who would be suitable for this position? Pass them the link!