- Location: Cheshire
- Job Type: Environmental
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive
- Date Posted: 28/03/2022
- Expiry Date: 30/04/2022
Sustainability Lead – Dairy
Job Reference: GG/10845
This role is with a very successful, growing family business in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. It’s a genuinely great place to work. Staff are valued, developed and listened to. It’s an exciting time for them as the product range expands and demand grows.
- Build and execute a sustainability strategy roadmap including initiatives in the company’s supply chain, on site and on farm.
- Support relevant stakeholders to embed and deliver the Group’s sustainability strategy, including colleagues and producers.
- Develop appropriate, relevant training content for colleagues and producers.
- Find the right measuring tools and co-ordinate current and ongoing carbon reduction measures on site and on farm.
- Co-ordinate the output from on-site activities across the energy reduction forum, war on waste group etc
- Maintain best practice with the evolving rules and regulations around sustainability
- Manage the environmental impacts of farms and on site (Sustainability scorecards)
- Ensure effective internal and external communications
- Budget management and effective business case development for sustainability programmes
- Respond to colleague and external queries on sustainability drafting accurate and effective responses for sign off which show a thoughtful and balanced position.
- Work with Reaseheath to educate the next generation of farmers
- Be an ambassador for the Company’s Vision and Values.
The Ideal Candidate
- You are ultra-proactive, and comfortable multitasking.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment & ever-evolving nature of an FMCG business.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with challenging and developing ideas.
- You will be confident training & coaching and establishing strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- You are passionate about Sustainability and making a difference in the world.
- You put the customers and business strategy at the heart of decision making.
- Ideally experienced within a Dairy Manufacturing business using Food Safety and HSE excellence, the preferred candidate will have good numeracy & literacy skills with a strong skillset in using Microsoft Office and ERP Programmes and will lead by example in the Company’s values.
Please click ‘apply’ or contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven Recruitment referencing GG/10845.