- Location: Hampshire
- Job Type: GM/Site Manager
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Excellent + car allowance + benefits
- Date Posted: 03/01/2023
- Expiry Date: 10/02/2023
Site Lead/Site Manager – FMCG Manufacturing
My Client, a global, multi-million pound turnover FMCG manufacturer, who supply quality products into well-known high-street chains, is looking to recruit an exceptional Site Lead to help them realise their ambitious profit targets.
Salary: Excellent + car allowance + benefits
This role requires strong operational excellence as well as leadership and change management skills. The role works in close collaboration with colleagues in the Business Unit, in other Manufacturing Sites, as well as Group functions to achieve our strategic goals.
- Experience in manufacturing in packaging or similar industry, preferably experience in FMCG or Foodservice companies
- Proven track record of leading a manufacturing site with improved efficiency
- Proven expertise in driving operational excellence
- Thriving in a complex environment and having experience in successfully leading transformational change
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, comfortable working in a matrix environment with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of leading and engaging people and developing high-performing teams
- Courage to make difficult decisions when necessary
- Proven track record of achieving results, delivering on plans, and implementing sustainable strategies leading to improved organizational performance
- Continuously finding solutions to various challenges, improving our ways of working
The purpose of the role is to drive and manage high performance of the site and supply chain. You will create, manage and implement plans and lead the business to deliver operational and financial targets for the Site.
- Running efficient manufacturing operations and optimized supply-chain in the site, including conversion cost, employee health and safety, quality, on time delivery, warehousing, inventory levels, distribution, procurement, sustainability improvements, and productivity
- Enabling and driving Integrated Tactical Planning in the core of the operating model
- Providing leadership to local Manufacturing Site teams and alignment across the Business Unit
- Ensuring cost competitiveness and high operational and manufacturing efficiency
- Facilitating ongoing efficiency improvement and cost optimization plans
- Planning appropriate manufacturing platform and technologies together with global operations teams to meet future growth ensuring competitiveness and cost efficiency
- Protecting company assets and ensuring that capital projects are effectively managed
- Ensuring best in class customer service and quality performance
- Ensuring world class health and safety practices and procedures
- Building a high-performance culture grounded in the company values Care, Dare and Deliver
- Ensuring sustainable talent supply, development, and engagement
- Driving factory automatisation, digitalisation, and continuous improvement
- Full accountability over the local legal entity, including statutory reporting with Finance teams, relationships with union representatives and local communities, and employment matters.
- A global FMCG company, with ambitious profit targets and growth plans.
- Supplier of instantly recognisable products with a reputation for quality
- An agile and responsive business, keen to develop their people.
Due to the high volume of responses to online advertisements, regrettably we are only able to acknowledge successful applications. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref EH/SLB in the subject field to our retained consultant firstname.lastname@example.org or call Emma on 0161 832 7463.