- Location: South East England
- Job Type: GM/Site Manager
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: 95-110k Basic
- Date Posted: 09/10/2023
- Expiry Date: 10/11/2023
Site General Manager / Site Director – FMCG Manufacturing
Competitive Salary, Car Allowance & Bonus plus full benefits package
Our client is a global business with over 6000 employees across 34 manufacturing sites in Europe Asia, Oceania, the Middle East and Africa. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to make a real impact at one of their UK based flagship sites based in Hampshire.
You will already have excelled in a Senior Site leadership role and be able to demonstrate strong operational excellence, change management skills and the ability to engage and inspire your team.
Your background will be in World Class Manufacturing, ideally packaging or a similar industry, preferably experience in the FMCG sector.
You will have a proven track record of achieving results, delivering on plans, and implementing sustainable strategies leading to improved Organisational performance through “Lean Manufacturing” and Continuous Improvement.
You will be a natural motivator, with a holistic approach. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and be a strong decision maker.
You’ll be commercially astute with strong analytical skills.
As Site Lead your role is to drive and manage the high performance of the site’s two manufacturing units and their supply chain. You will work with your senior leadership team to create, manage and implement plans to deliver World Class Operational and financial targets for the Site and as part of the global strategy for the wider business.
- Responsible for manufacturing operations and optimized supply-chain in the site, including, employee health and safety, quality, conversion cost, on time delivery, warehousing, inventory levels, distribution, procurement, sustainability improvements, and productivity.
- Enabling and driving Integrated Tactical Planning in the core of the operating model
- Providing leadership to local Manufacturing Site teams and alignment across the Business Unit
- Ensuring the site is highly reliable, responsive, competitive and puts safety first; closely followed by quality and customer service.
- Planning appropriate manufacturing platform and technologies together with global operations teams to meet future growth ensuring competitiveness and cost efficiency.
- Protecting company assets and ensuring that capital projects are effectively managed.
- Building a high-performance culture grounded in the company values Care, Dare and Deliver
- Full accountability over the local legal entity, including statutory reporting with Finance teams, relationships with union representatives and local communities, and employment matters.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC/12310 in the subject field to our retained consultant Max Cable on email@example.com.