- Location: Devon
- Job Type: Quality Assurance/Control
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £42000-£45000
- Date Posted: 03/08/2021
- Expiry Date: 03/09/2021
Food Safety and Quality Manager
£42 000-45 000
Job Reference: LL/9523
Multi-site company is looking for a Food Safety and Quality Manager to join their team. This an excellent opportunity with the right person as you will be working with the Group FSQ manager.
- Promote a Culture of Food Safety in the site.
- The implementation and continuing improvement of the Quality Management System on site. This includes a responsibility for the EQMS system on site, the management of all records, audits, check sheets, Procedures, Manuals, SOP`s, Customer Complaints/Corrective Actions
- Implementation and review of the Food Safety Management System on site.
- Complete and maintain a site Microbiological/Chemical Testing Programme which verifies and validates the sites Quality System, and ensures compliance with Customer, Standard and Legal Requirements
- Ensuring the site is equipped with the Training, Equipment and Chemicals to ensure required levels of hygiene are met
- To ensure adequate Training is ongoing in the FSQ Team
- Organise and manage site Visits and Audits
- Organise and Document on Site Meetings
- To complete and manage customer specifications to ensure they are correct and updated when required.
- To monitor and highlight any actions/alerts/audits that are posted on customers web portals, ensuring all tasks are actioned and closed within deadlines given.
- Support with product nutrition samples, to ensure they are sent within timescales to submit specifications.
- Responsible with the Site Operations Manager for the Food Defence Programme
- Engage appropriately with all internal and external parties in a manner that delivers a positive contribution to the output and perception of the site
- Implement appropriate controls to ensure that site meets required FSQ standards.
- Ensure at all times that the QMS is functioning to a standard that meets the requirements of our customers and regulators.
- Continually review ongoing activity, with the production team, to ensure solutions are shared amongst the team.
- Have an in-depth knowledge & understanding of HACCP and its use to create a food safety management system.
- Have a clear understanding of the legislation relating to food production and animal welfare.
- Understanding of key customer requirements, audit standards & processes.
- In-depth knowledge of the plant and production
To apply for this role, please contact Louis Ferguson at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LL/9523