- Location: Gravesend, Kent
- Job Type: GM/Site Manager
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 (DoE)
- Date Posted: 02/09/2022
- Expiry Date: 08/10/2022
£70,000 – £80,000 (DoE)
Job Reference: GG/11811
This is an opportunity for an experienced and ambitious production professional to head up a brand-new factory for a hugely successful and growing food manufacturer.
The successful Factory Manager will have full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the factory operation. They will,
- Ensure all orders are completed in full every day
- Ensure all customer packs are produced in accordance with respective customers’ Quality Standards and meet quality specifications at first time of asking – Right First Time.
- Ensure departmental focus on H&S, Food Safety, Covid Safety & Compliance and delivery of customer orders.
- Ensure daily production costs meet or beat budget targets day to day.Develop longer term plans to reduce cost of production.
- Represent the Production department ensuring appropriate levels of clear and timely communication up to the SLT, within the Production team and cross functionally.
- Work with the Production Improvement Manager to develop and deliver plans to improve performance in terms of either quality, cost or service.
- Develop and implement long terms plans relating to recruitment and staff development with particular regard to seasonal requirements of the business.
- Ensure that the production team is fully engaged with the company’s Ways of Working to promote the company values at all times
- Create and drive initiatives to reduce waste within the business – fruit, time, materials, energy etc.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Well-developed problem solving, planning and decision-making skills.
- Excellent team working skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional teams, always putting the business needs as a priority.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proactively seek win/win solutions.Key Skill and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Senior Manager in a food environment.
- Degree level food-based qualification.
- Experience of a high care, ready-to-eat environment
- Experience of managing a team and supporting and developing direct reports.
- Minimum IOSH preferably NEBOSH.
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 07487732962, 0161 832 7463 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/11811.