- Location: Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk
- Job Type: H&S Hygiene
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & Benefits package to attract the best (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Date Posted: 01/11/2022
- Expiry Date: 03/12/2022
Job Title: UK EHS Manager / Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Location: Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & Benefits package to attract the best (Relocation Assistance Available)
Would you like Fries with that?
Lamb Weston is one of the largest potato products producers in the world. We have a reputation as a leader in the field of innovation. Our company employs more than 6,200 people worldwide and we produce 3.1 million tons of potato products each year supplying to major fast-food businesses, retailers and food service. We make 10 million portions of fries per day in Europe alone!
With continued growth at our high performing Cambridgeshire site, we are now looking to recruit a talented Environmental Health & Safety Manager for the UK Business. With a very clear focus on EHS this is a great opportunity to join a global business committed to making a difference.
- We are looking for a highly experienced Environmental Health & Safety professional, who has successfully led and inspired teams in large complex process industries / manufacturing environments.
- You will be NEBOSH Diploma qualified (or equivalent) and ideally have an environmental qualification. Previous Environmental Management experience is essential including the management of all site permits.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of up-to-date tools and techniques such as delivering Behavioural Safety programs and cultural change. Working in a consistent calm controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
- Your natural style with be one of coaching and motivating teams and consistently delivering results.
- You will have excellent presentation skills and have experience of managing external relationships with enforcement agencies e.g., HSE, Fire and EA etc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the UK Business Leader as Environmental Health & Safety Manager, the role works collaboratively with the site leadership team, members of global health & safety and environment teams as well as external agencies, to meet all legal requirements.
- Key deliverables will include delivering HSE performance through continuous improvement and assurance of effective management systems, strategic initiatives, cultural development and leadership
- As part of your role as UK EHS Manager, you develop site programmes to drive KPI improvements, through annual plans / projects and effective reporting tools
- Responsible for leading any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate, you will manage site audits and enforcement authority visits, to ensure successful compliance and close out of corrective actions.
- You will promote and facilitate the active exchange of new technologies, systems, tools and training packages and where they can be applied for the benefit of the site
- In addition, your role will be to maintain a high level of personal competence through internal and external sources.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, ( All direct or 3rd party applications will be forwarded to our retained consultant ) please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant email@example.com quoting ref MC11968 or call Max on 07792465247 for a confidential discussion.