- Location: Near Edinburgh - EH26 0PA
- Job Type: Technical
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Date Posted: 07/03/2022
- Expiry Date: 30/04/2022
£30,000 – £35,000
Monday – Friday (37 hours per week)
This is an opportunity to work at a world-class poultry processing facility which is part of a widely respected higher education institute – SRUC (Scotland’s Rural College). The SALSA accredited plant works with the largest poultry breeder in the world and has partnerships with a number of the UK’s largest poultry manufacturers.
The plant runs to commercial standards as a normal poultry processing plant. However, fewer birds are process allowing for extra data collection, which informs the work of SRUC’s partners. No prior knowledge of these data collection activities is required as full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Technical within either a poultry or other meat processing facility.
- Manage the quality function within its budget and ensuring that it operates within agreed KPIs
- Investigate, review and ensure non-conformances are responded to in timely manner; develop and manage nonconformance improvement programme.
- Ensure internal audit programme is completed on schedule.
- Audit the operational process, and work with Production, to ensure full food safety, legality, integrity and traceability at all times, as expected by relevant codes of practice and guidelines.
- Assist in the development of the QMS to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assist engineering to ensure water quality is maintained. Review water monitoring results and work with external water system maintenance contractor to keep results within acceptable limits.
- Ensure all factory paperwork is reviewed to ensure correctness.
- Monitor and approve concessions and corrective actions when required.
- Responsible for leading, or providing suitable resource for site technical visits and audits by customers and other visitors
- Accountable formaintaining SALSA approval (or other customer requirements) in line with requirements.
- Take the lead on the HACCP team
- Experience in a similar role within food manufacturing
- poultry or other meat experience (raw)
- Knowledge of SALSA or BRC
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience of Microbiology
- Good knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent Auditing experience, preferably as a Lead Auditor
SRUC (Scotland’s Rural College) is a dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond.
At our processing facility near Edinburgh, known as the Carcass Evaluation Unit (CEU), poultry is processed under commercial standards in order to generate research data on carcass and component weights and quality for clients. Our clients are both commercial and academic.
Please note all direct and third-party applications will be sent to the retained consultant at email@example.com with reference HM10529. Alternatively, you can also call Hannah for a confidential chat at 07450406505.