- Location: Essex
- Job Type: Quality Assurance/Control
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive salary up to £40,000, depending on experience.
- Date Posted: 05/06/2023
- Expiry Date: 07/07/2023
Job Title: Site Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: Group Technical Manager
Job Purpose: To ensure that all products are safe and legal and made to the highest quality, ensuring that all customer and legislative requirements are adhered to at all times. As the Site Quality Assurance Manager, you will play a vital role in overseeing the quality assurance function and driving continuous improvement of the Quality and HACCP systems. Reporting to the Group Technical Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the site’s quality standards and fostering a culture of food safety and quality.
Required and Desired Qualifications:
- Experience from a technical-based role within food manufacturing.
- Great understanding of Quality and Food Safety requirements and standards in the food industry (ISO, BRC standards, etc.).
- Knowledge of HACCP and factory QMS gained through a similar role in the food industry.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Degree in Nutrition (highly beneficial).
- Experience of working directly with major retailers (highly beneficial).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Technical Manager to ensure the site meets the required standards for BRC.
- Assist with customer and regulatory audits.
- Manage the site quality assurance function.
- Lead the site’s continuous improvement of the Quality and HACCP systems.
- Maintain the site Quality Manual.
- Provide technical support to enable the business to meet food safety, legality, and specific customer requirements.
- Carry out internal audits in accordance with the Site Quality Manual.
- Work closely with the NPD and production teams to support new product launches.
- Liaise directly with customers on technical information and respond to requests to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Ensure non-conforming product or packaging is controlled and rejected to suppliers, and follow up on investigations when required.
- Assist in staff training on the site.
- Deputize for the Group Technical Manager.
- Develop and maintain a culture of food safety and quality.
- Competitive salary up to £40,000, depending on experience.
- Opportunity to work within a dynamic and growing food manufacturing organization.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality systems and processes.
- Collaborate with major retailers and gain exposure to their requirements.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise.
If you have the required qualifications and experience to excel in this role as Site Quality Assurance Manager, we invite you to apply today! Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and all applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Contact Edward Crampton: Email: email@example.com Phone: 020 379 43982