- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Operations/Production
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£75,000 + Car Allowance
- Date Posted: 09/02/2024
- Expiry Date: 08/03/2024
Site Manufacturing Lead
c£75,000 + Car Allowance
Job Reference: GG/15517
This is an opportunity to join a major UK food manufacturer at one of their largest sites in Cardiff. Employing over 800, the site is a 24/7 supplying the major retailers with some of the nation’s favourite products.
You will work closely with the Site Director to develop and execute the site’s manufacturing strategy. This will require strong leadership and coaching of the Operational Management team to ensure end to end production output is delivered on time in full.
The wider group is embarking on a new journey to operational excellence, and so you will be expected to help facilitate this programme, ensuring that you and your team have the necessary knowledge and skills for implementation.
The successful candidate will need to be a strong people leader. The role has a high number of direct reports, so delivering success through people will be key. You will need to be an excellent communicator, able to translate site strategic aims into clear objectives for your team, coaching and supporting them to achieve.
- Significant experience of managing large teams within fast paced manufacturing (ideally food).
- Inspiring and empathetic leader that communicates well at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and coaching individuals to success.
- An in depth understanding of LEAN tools, ideally trained to green belt level.
- A change agent, persistent in overcoming barriers to improvements.
If you feel you fit the brief for this opportunity and would like to take on a new challenge with an exciting business, contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven Recruitment on 02037943983 or 07487732962 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/15517.