- Location: North West/Cheshire/Greater Manchester
- Job Type: Shift Manager
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£45 - 47k + benefits
- Date Posted: 22/05/2023
- Expiry Date: 03/06/2023
This is an excellent opportunity for a Shift Manager to join a market-leading food manufacturer in the Greater Manchester.
Role: Shift Manager – this is a shift-based role working days and nights 12 hour shifts.
Location: North West/Cheshire/Greater Manchester
Salary: c£45 – 47k + benefits
Shift Manager – The Candidate:
- Must have previous experience in a Shift Manager or Days based Production / Manufacturing Manager role in a manufacturing environment – Food or FMCG.
- Will ideally be degree qualified in food sciences, engineering or technical discipline.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and coaching skills – be passionate about people and their development.
- Must be experienced in continuous improvement and able to create an environment where team members consistently push for improved team performance and productivity.
- Will ideally have exposure to lean manufacturing tools and techniques such as 5S, TPM, Kaizen, etc.
Shift Manager – The Role:
- To lead a multi-disciplined shift team on a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation in the manufacture of food products.
- To ensure the factory meets its KPI targets around Safety, Performance / Efficiencies, Waste, etc.
- Maintain a safe working environment with focus on zero accidents.
- Coach employees to fulfil and exceed the requirements of the job.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operations of Factory through effective employee engagement and industrial relations management.
- Lead continuous improvement teams to drive forward changes in plant/process/products to improve on all KPI’s.
- My client is a multi-site market-leading manufacturer of food products.
- The company are keen to develop employees and provide career development opportunities.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/13350 in the subject field to email@example.com or call Carole on 0161 832 7463.