- Location: Cumbria
- Job Type: Shift Manager
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35k - £40k + benefits
- Date Posted: 10/02/2022
- Expiry Date: 31/03/2022
Shift Manager – (day and night position available)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Shift Manager to join a market-leading food manufacturer in Cumbria.
Role: Shift Manager
Salary: £35k – £40k + benefits
Shift Manager – The Candidate:
- Must have previous experience in a Shift Manager Production / Manufacturing Manager role in a manufacturing environment – preferably Food, Pharmaceutical or FMCG.
- Will ideally be degree qualified in food sciences, engineering or technical discipline.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and coaching skills – be passionate about people and their development.
- Must be experienced in continuous improvement and able to create an environment where team members consistently push for improved team performance and productivity.
Shift Manager – The Role:
- Direct and challenge team members to align with all requirements and behaviours of their role profile.
- Responsible for motivating, leading & coaching of all Team Members.
- Conducting regular monitoring and feedback of Team Members, identifying, evaluating and developing initiatives to ensure skill and competency levels are maintained.
- Ensure production and conformance to plan targets are met and deploy the labour plan.
- Responsible for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and potential efficiency; accuracy & waste recording; downtime; packet weights; labour numbers and efficiency.
- Utilise, comply and maintain all the relevant systems to gather and produce robust management information
- To ensure effective communication between operations team, management & support teams and engineering between shifts & individual Team Members by utilising the tiered accountability process & appropriate escalation points.
- My client is a market-leading manufacturer of food products to all the major retailers.
- The company are keen to develop employees and provide career development opportunities.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/10496 in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Carole on 0161 832 7463.