- Location: Buckinghamshire but flexible with home working
- Job Type: Purchasing/Procurement
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Excellent + benefits
- Date Posted: 16/03/2021
- Expiry Date: 16/04/2021
Senior Procurement/Purchasing Manager – Food & Drink
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Senior Procurement/Purchasing Manager
Location: Buckinghamshire but flexible with home working
Salary: Excellent + benefits
- My client is an award winning business with a well-known worldwide brand.
- They are highly committed to employee development and continued growth.
- They have a culture of active recognition and focus on on-going career potential for all employees.
- We’re looking for a graduate calibre Procurement Manager, preferably MCIPS qualified and being from a Food/Drink/Ingredients/Foodservice or Food retail background is essential.
- You’ll have a strong track record as a Procurement Manager, managing a multi-million pound spend along with superb commercial awareness.
- You must be driven and ambitious as there are fantastic global career opportunities available for successful individuals.
- Being internationally mobile would be highly beneficial.
- You’ll have a passion for what you do and always deliver to the very highest standards. You work with openness, honesty, and integrity.
- You need a demonstrated track record of strong negotiating performance and high level analytical problem solving business skills.
- Knowledge of other European languages would be a distinct advantage.
- You will report to the Head of Supply Chain and as a key member of the team you will strive to deliver the business’s growth strategy and the goals in support of the development of world class performance and facilities.
- As Senior Procurement Manager you will implement purchasing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and competitive advantage across all suppliers.
- Additional engagement with European partners and supply chain leads to focus on regional/local spend items leveraging cost improvement and efficiency savings for European partners including supply to the UK.
- You will continually investigate and recommend new and comparable materials, techniques, etc. that may increase the Company’s systems profitability, productivity and effectiveness.
- Keeping abreast of market trends and commodity information is an essential part of this role.
- You will work and liaise closely with Marketing/Finance and Commercial teams to prioritise needs and ensure full operational understanding.
To apply for this exciting opportunity with this leading business, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref EH/SPMB to Emma Hanson or call Emma on 07792 465955 for a confidential discussion.