- Location: Oxfordshire
- Job Type: NPD/Food Technology
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£35,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
- Date Posted: 22/10/2021
- Expiry Date: 30/11/2021
Senior NPD/NPD Technologist
c£35,000 – £42,000 depending on experience
I’m working for a manufacturer of products whose customers include the major retailers and high street food service companies. They are a family-owned business and it’s a lovely place to work. At the same time, they have impressive growth plans and are attracting new customers at an impressive rate.
You will have full responsibility for the NPD & EPD process as well as the invention of new recipes and developing concepts from initial brief to launch, to maximise the growth goals and vision of the business, whilst engaging in all aspects of the development process and meeting all customer requirements. You will build expertise within the industry and keep up to date with market trends and food legislation, feeding into the company’s commercial strategy, identifying future opportunities for the business.
- Working hands-on in the development kitchen you will produce quality samples to despatch to customers within required time frames, whilst conforming to our own ingredient policy and monitoring the use of additives, ensuring conformance with customer policies.
- Effectively manage the day to day running of the NPD department, prioritising the workload generated predominately but not exclusively by the sales team.
- At times, attend and possibly lead NPD presentations to customers
- Ensure all recipe costing are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Work in conjunction with the Production Manager and operatives to ensure there is a smooth handover of concepts to production and that correct processes have been trained out to all required staff.
- Get involved with both customer and supplier presentations, supporting any internal function where needed.
- Liaise with procurement, warehousing and suppliers as required to ensure the correct supply of materials is achieved for the makeup of samples on the planned day.
- Liaise with the QA to facilitate shelf-life trials of all new products and assessment over product life, whilst maintaining accurate records.
- Ensure that key product information throughout the development process, such as water activity & PH etc. are tested and recorded and modify recipes accordingly to control these values.
- An understanding of all aspects of the factory production processes capabilities and the potential for change should be developed.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with suppliers and customers to achieve the best business outcome.
- A strong track record in NPD
- Experience in food manufacturing
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with CH/9981 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.