- Location: North Wales / Northwest
- Job Type: H&S Hygiene
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & benefits package
- Date Posted: 09/06/2021
- Expiry Date: 09/07/2021
Job Title: Senior Health & Safety Officer
Location: North Wales / Northwest
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & benefits package
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is ready to take the step in their Health & Safety career. Join an award winning FMCG business as a Senior Health & Safety Officer at one of their UK state of the art manufacturing sites .
They are looking to recruit a HSE professional who has a passion for what they do and will be a key member of this prestigious site’s leadership team. It’s a brilliant role with a brilliant company who have won “ Employer of Choice “ on numerous occasions, who wouldn’t want to work for them ?
- We are looking for an experienced HSE who ideally has experience in process industries / FMCG manufacturing environments.
- You will be NEBOSH Certificate qualified ( or equivalent )and have the desire to further develop your skills/ professional knowledge/qualifications with HSE
- Be able to demonstrate experience of being externally audited by Regulators and other interested parties.
- Experience of carrying out H&SE Audits, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Accident investigation and RIDDOR reporting experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant H&SE legislation
- Working in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
- Your natural style with be one of coaching and motivating teams and consistently delivering results.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to Factory Manager ,as Senior Health & Safety Officer you would support the day to day co-ordination and management requirements of safety on site. Providing advice and information to Managers, Employees and Contractors on safety. Together with the preparation of health and safety procedures and provide assistance in policy making.
- As part of your role working with the Group EHS Manager ( there are several sites in the group) you will follow and assist in the evaluation of current safety systems updating them as required and assisting in the timely implementation of new or changes to policies, procedures and practices.
- A key part of your role will to be a safety role model to improve and delivery high safety culture on your site and across the business
- You will work with the site / group to develop and extend current systems such as COSHH and Risk Assessment systems.
- You will actively lead site safety meetings.
- Planning, assisting and carrying out health and safety training for all employees to ensure full compliance with both site and legislative health and safety requirements
- Assisting in the management and maintenance of records and utilise established systems to advantage.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our consultant firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MC/9123 or call Max on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.