- Location: Hybrid Role – 3 days at nearest site a week (Sites across the UK)
- Job Type: Regulatory Affairs
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Highly Competitive package to attract the best
- Date Posted: 13/12/2022
- Expiry Date: 17/01/2023
Job Title: Regulatory Affairs Manager- Exclusive Role
Location: Hybrid Role – 3 days at nearest site a week (Sites across the UK)
Salary: Highly Competitive package to attract the best
Would you like to work for a FTSE 250 UK based branded food & drinks business with a history going back 140 years? With new acquisitions, an exceptional group wide Product Development Program and continued growth year on year it a great time to join them as their Regulatory Affairs Manager.
They produce a diverse and differentiated portfolio of great iconic brands for consumers across the UK and EU including other Export markets (USA, Australia, Canada)
The regulatory environment is constantly changing and as Regulatory Affairs Manager you and your team will ensure current compliance, drive change and put plans in place for the future to mitigate any risk to the business.
This is a key and highly influential role within their business. Are you ready for your next exciting challenge?
- We are looking for a talented Regulatory Affairs Manager who has a real passion for what they do, to lead and inspire this highly competent team. You will be able to demonstrate previous Regulatory Affairs experience within the food & drink industry.
- You will be fully conversant with UK /EU Food Law and regulation and ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent with a Food Science/Chemistry related subject
- Will be able to demonstrate strong people skills including your ability to influence and work across multi-functional teams including at board level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Group Research & Development Manager you will manage a small team ensuring all their products comply to all relevant UK, EU any other relevant international regulations at all times
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of relevant existing and forthcoming UK, EU and other international regulations and communicating these effectively to support the business, e.g., brands, franchise brands, distributed brands, associated companies.
- Delivering advice and guidance on all aspects of food law to ensure the company’s compliance with all UK and international laws as well as corporate policies.
- Liaise with relevant external associations on regulatory changes and ensure involvement in consultations and policy communications.
- Hold responsibility for the regulatory compliance of new raw materials, recipes, claims and artwork for Innovation, Enterprise, Value optimisation and Sustainability projects
- Along with the Compliance Technologist, approve and maintain ingredient, packaging and product specifications from a regulatory perspective on in house brands as well as franchise brands.
- Maintain a technical risk register for future ingredient, packaging and labelling regulatory changes
- Manage the process for maintaining product information sent to customers, e.g., vegetarian, vegan, palm oil, GMO etc.
- Manage the relationship with the GMWA Food Guide (halal status) and the Kosher Beth Din.
- Provide supervision, coaching and development of Regulatory team members. Train key personnel on regulatory policies, processes, and SOPs.
- A key element of your role will be to develop your team, encouraging a strong learning culture and to champion the businesses values and behaviours.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, please send a copy of your cv to our consultant firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MC12292 or call Max on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.