- Location: Devon, South West
- Job Type: NPD/Food Technology
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Up to £45,000
- Date Posted: 16/05/2023
- Expiry Date: 17/06/2023
R&D Development Manager – Food & Drink
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an R&D Development Manager / Innovation Manager / NPD Manager to drive forward innovation of branded products with an award-winning household name.
Job Title: R&D Development Manager
Location: Devon, Southwest England
Salary: Up to £45,000 with Car Allowance and 5% Bonus.
- Are you educated to HNC or equivalent in Food Science or a related discipline?
- Do you have proven R&D or Innovation experience in the food industry?
- Are you able to manage multiple projects to agreed schedules?
- Have you shown the ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally?
- Do you have strong organisational skills with the ability to motivate people to gain cooperation across an organisation?
- Do you have excellent project management skills and knowledge of stage – gate processes?
- Is this backed by a commercial awareness and good understanding of production processes and development limitations?
- Are you a highly organized multi-tasker who pays close attention to detail?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the above, this could be the role for you…
Reporting to Head of R&D for the category, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of a long-term innovation pipeline.
Duties will include:
- Managing the short term and long term innovation process
- Delivering innovation projects from concept to production, managing critical paths
- Developing new occasions, products and processes to give the company a competitive edge
- Idea generation based on research around technical and brand platforms, seeking out new and exciting technical developments
- Managing the delivery of trials within budget and timescale
- Working with production and technical to develop the site capacity to manufacture new products
My client is a manufacturer of branded and retailer label food products at a number of sites throughout the UK. They are at the front of innovation and World Class Manufacturing is high on their agenda. The company are keen to develop employees and provide career development opportunities.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV quoting ref HM13317 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463.