- Location: Ceredigion
- Job Type: Quality
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c. £50,000 (DoE)
- Date Posted: 07/11/2022
- Expiry Date: 17/12/2022
c. £50,000 (DoE)
Job Reference: GG/12052
Would you like to join a well-known food manufacturer currently experiencing strong growth? This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager to put their stamp on the Quality department.
- Actively contribute to the development of the HACCP pre-requisite programme and the HACCP food safety programmes, promoting a food safety culture.
- Internal audit and verification of business processes according to the defined schedules with the emphasis on manufacturing, quality and technical.
- Lead and contribute to investigations and resolution of quality, technical and manufacturing related problems.
- Providing advice and resource to support CI A3 problem solving workshops and investigations.
- Drive Continuous improvement and promote a Food Safety Culture throughout the business
- Actively support continuous improvement and development activities, providing a key service with accurate data generation and summary conclusions of laboratory data.
- Provide the business with a regular report on quality control related issues and trends in order to support supply chain meetings such as IVL.
- Escalate adverse trends or significant issues in a timely manner to key stake holders to support effective decision making and actions.
- Management of all day to day activities of laboratory, ensuring full compliance and controls are in place and adhered to.
- Development and maintenance of hygienic controls and expectations of laboratory working practices and environment.
- Development and maintenance of crisis management expectations and controls within the laboratory environment, ensuring the team are fully aware of these when working within the laboratory.
- As manual holder for laboratory documented information (forms, work instructions, records) ensuring these are reviewed and kept up to date and accurate against standards and customer requirements at all times.
- To complete objectives set through the performance review process (PDR) and other reasonable ad hoc duties that may be requested from time to time.
- Adherence to the PDR process and effective delegation of quality objectives across the team. Supporting the development of team career activities and team succession planning.
- Carry out duties as required by the Technical Manager, which are deemed to be within the scope of existing knowledge, experience and training.
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a food science, food technology or microbiological discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a technical supervisory or management role within the food industry (and preferably dairy).
- Experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and methodologies.
- Experience with food and feed safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg.ISO9001, FSSC22000, FEMAS, ISO17025)
- Qualifications: Lead Auditor – (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Experience of electronic document management
If you feel you fit the brief for this opportunity and would like to take on a new challenge with an exciting business, click ‘apply now’ to be considered. Or contact Gilbert Gregory on 02037943983 or 07487732962 or firstname.lastname@example.org