- Location: Hereford
- Job Type: Quality Assurance/Control
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £45,000 Position
- Date Posted: 02/08/2023
- Expiry Date: 08/09/2023
Job Title: Quality Manager
Salary: £45,000 Position
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure an effective quality management system is in place to achieve the quality objectives.
- Management of all aspects of the Quality System
- Member of the HACCP Team
- Administration of Management Review, Risk Assessment, and Validation programs.
- Management of change in organizational activities
- Review of internal and external activities
- Evaluating and improving organizational performance (e.g., monitoring KPIs to ensure objectives)
- Ensure staff follow and maintain regulations, procedures, adoption of quality standards, etc.
- Ensure effective training programs are implemented.
- Assume responsibility for the management of all matters relating to the quality of products within the terms of the company objectives, policies, and budgets.
- Manage the internal auditing of departmental activities and ensure the agreed audit schedule is maintained.
- Ensure that all corrective actions resulting from the Quality Management System are completed and reported within the required time scale.
- Deal with and resolve quality inquiries from other departments.
- Recommend and implement improvements to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy.
- Improve methods and processes to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy, including outside own area.
- Ensure site compliance with GMP and site standards.
- Ensure site compliance with the company health and safety policy.
- Ensure food safety, integrity, legality, and quality.
- Ensure compliance with site certification standards.
Duties relating to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients / Licensed Products:
- Releasing or rejecting all APIs. Releasing or rejecting intermediates for use outside the control of the manufacturing company.
- Reviewing completed batch production and laboratory control records of critical process steps before release of the API for distribution.
- Ensuring that critical deviations are investigated and resolved.
- Approving all specifications and master production instructions.
- Maintenance of the Product Quality Product Review program.
- Approving all procedures impacting the quality of intermediates or APIs.
- Ensuring that internal audits (self-inspections) are performed.
- Approving intermediate and API contract manufacturers.
- Approving changes that potentially impact intermediate or API quality.
- Reviewing and approving validation protocols and reports.
- Ensuring that quality-related complaints are investigated and resolved.
- Ensuring compliance with site GMP standards.
- Ensuring food safety, integrity, legality, and quality requirements are met.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years of experience with an understanding of Quality Management.
- Knowledge of Pharma / Botanicals as well as DMF, etc.
- Knowledge of standard testing protocols (shelf life, etc.).
- Educated to degree level in Food Science or Technology or similar.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excel in the area of attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work under pressure.
- Willingness to take responsibility and assist in the training and mentoring of junior colleagues.
To apply for this position, please contact Edward Crampton from Silven Recruitment.
Main Phone: 020 379 43982
Job Code: EC/13763