- Location: Powys area, Wales
- Job Type: Quality Assurance/Control
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Date Posted: 03/05/2023
- Expiry Date: 10/06/2023
Job: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Powys area, Wales
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (approx.)
We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our food manufacturing company based in Mid Wales. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in food safety and quality management, as well as experience in leading and managing a team. As the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all products meet regulatory requirements and industry standards, while also driving continuous improvement in our quality management system.
- Develop and implement quality control plans to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Develop and maintain quality management systems and procedures.
- Lead and manage the quality team to ensure that all quality control activities are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the production team to identify and resolve any quality issues that arise during the manufacturing process.
- Conduct regular audits of our manufacturing processes and products to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide training and coaching to the quality team to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their roles effectively.
- Liaise with customers and regulatory bodies to ensure that all quality-related issues are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Monitor and report on key quality metrics and develop action plans to address any issues that arise.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a quality management role within the food manufacturing industry, can be a team Leader, or Supervisor ready to step up.
- Excellent knowledge of food safety regulations and industry standards.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing quality management systems and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
Please apply with your CV to email@example.com or call 07399 934 816