- Location: Dorset
- Job Type: Quality Assurance/Control
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £40-45,000 depending on experience
- Date Posted: 18/05/2023
- Expiry Date: 24/06/2023
Quality Assurance Manager
Job Title: QA Manager
Salary: £40-45,000 depending on experience.
Are you an experienced QA Manager with a strong background in food safety and quality assurance? Our reputable agency is currently seeking a skilled and dedicated professional to join a leading food manufacturing company as their QA Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining high standards of quality, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
About the Company: Our client is a well-established food manufacturing company that places a strong emphasis on delivering products of the highest quality to their customers. With a commitment to food safety and customer satisfaction, they strive to maintain industry-leading standards. As the QA Manager, you will have the opportunity to contribute to their mission and make a significant impact within their organization.
- Oversee on-site quality management in accordance with agreed third-party standards, such as BRC Global Food Standard.
- Conduct internal audits to assess procedures, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), fabric, CCP (Critical Control Points), and identify areas for improvement.
- Perform trend analysis to identify patterns, implement corrective actions, and enhance overall quality processes.
- Develop and update procedures, work instructions, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to align with quality requirements.
- Respond to customer complaints promptly and effectively, investigating root causes and implementing corrective actions.
- Collaborate with the NPD (New Product Development) team to conduct kitchen trials and ensure successful product development.
- Conduct supplier reviews, monitor trends, and communicate effectively with suppliers to obtain root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Actively participate in quality audits, supporting audit team members and providing necessary assistance.
- Maintain a proactive approach to pest control and ensure effective communication with supporting agencies.
- Demonstrate and promote a positive food safety culture throughout the organization.
- Demonstrable compliance with food safety and quality regulations, including experience in liaising with external agencies (FSA/EHO/BRC/Other auditors).
- Strong influencing skills to drive quality initiatives and ensure adherence to standards.
- Proficiency in computer literacy, including the ability to analyze data and prepare reports.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills for effective communication across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of products and manufacturing processes, particularly in meat science/technology.
- Previous experience as a QA Manager or similar role in the food industry.
- Ability to analyze information, make decisions, and solve problems efficiently.
- Familiarity with HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) principles and maintaining HACCP functions.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Competitive salary ranging from £40,000 to £45,000 per year, depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development in a dynamic and fast-paced industry.
- Collaborative work environment that values teamwork and innovation.
- Commitment to employee health and safety.
How to Apply: To apply for this exciting opportunity as a QA Manager, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to our agency at Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.