- Location: Northamptonshire
- Job Type: Quality Assurance/Control
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: up to £30k
- Date Posted: 31/01/2023
- Expiry Date: 04/03/2023
QA Supervisor – Food Manufacturing
Role: QA Supervisor
Salary: up to £30k
Shifts: Panama shifts (12hr, 2-2-3)
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the main purpose of this role is to provide professional and effective support to the factory for any technical and quality issues. Furthermore, this role manages and leads the QA function to ensure that effective support is given to all the factory teams.
- Driving a high level of food safety and GMP standards on site.
- Carrying out key tasks in line with business requirements to ensure quality systems are complied with.
- Support your team of QA’s daily – involved in metal detection, allergen control, labelling etc.
- Ensuring that all non-conformances, customers complaints and incidents are fully investigated, documented and reported, with timely and appropriate corrective action taken as required.
- Conducting formal independent documented site and procedural audits to include senior management team feedback, corrective action plans and shopfloor communication.
- Planning, preparing and resourcing customer audits to maintain company standards of certification and customer approval.
- Maintaining of QA record files ensuring all are kept up to date and correctly completed.
If you have a genuine desire to succeed in Food Manufacturing in a factory environment the Company will provide all the support required to fast track to a more senior position. Their values are such that progression and a good work culture is encouraged.
- Educated to Degree Level or similar – ideally in Food Science, Food Technology or Nutrition
- Experience of Factory Food Manufacturing in a Quality or Technical function
- Experience managing a team
- Solid understanding of Food Safety and HACCP. BRC experience an advantage
- Experience of liaising with the major multiples is deemed advantageous.
- You should be a flexible, committed and hard-working individual with strong communication skills.
To apply for this position, please contact Amelia Hinton-Carroll at Silven, quoting reference AH/12521 on 0161 832 7463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org