- Location: Berkshire
- Job Type: Quality Assurance/Control
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£25-30k DOE
- Date Posted: 24/03/2022
- Expiry Date: 30/04/2022
Role: QA Controller
Salary: c£25-30k DOE
My client, one of the UK’s largest providers of high end ingredients and finished products to retail and manufacturers, is looking for a QA Controller to join their expanding team. This position is an instrumental role within the business, responsible to ensure Food Safety and Quality at all times.
- Assessing potential new supplier fitness to supply with reference to the Company Purchasing Policy via self-audit supplier questionnaires or recognised third party audit.
- Completion of customer documentation (specifications, questionnaires, packaging information) as required
- Managing the Company’s independently accredited HACCP system, including staff training.
- Review artwork, packaging and labels as and when needed
- Check and approve internal product specifications. Working closely with the planning team to ensure the internal specifications are correctly transferred onto the company system
- Using an internal spreadsheet system to summarize product development statuses
- Identify and report any issues relating to existing or new products
- Assist the Technical department in general day-to-day tasks; sending out microbiological & nutritional samples, product inspection, monitoring of Good Manufacturing Practices – reporting of any nonconformances to relevant personnel
- Degree level educated, in food sciences/life sciences or equivalent
- Qualifications in HACCP, BRC, Audit and Food Safety a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working in food manufacturing or distribution in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of current Food Safety, Food Labelling and other relevant legislation.Allergen experience is desirable.
- Excellent IT Skills – excel, word and SharePoint
- Experience of Food Safety and Risk Assessments, BRC codes of practice, specification writing and labelling software is desirable
- Be willing to learn and be enthusiastic about the job
If you think this role is for you, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with KG/10687 as a reference or give me a call on 0161 832 7463 / 07399 935 170 and I’ll be more than happy to have a chat and give you more information!
Not for you? That’s ok! Maybe you know someone who would be suitable for this position? Pass them the link!