- Location: Wiltshire
- Job Type: Operations/Production
- Contract Type: Contract
- Salary: £40 - £45k p/a
- Date Posted: 06/06/2023
- Expiry Date: 14/07/2023
Job Title: Production Manager (6-Month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: £40 – £45k p/a
Seeking a talented and dynamic Production Manager to be part of a small, fast-growing business that is passionate about delivering high-quality food products to customers. This is a 6-month fixed term contract position, offering an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in a rapidly evolving production environment.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the production department, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, meeting production targets, and maintaining high product quality standards.
- Develop and implement production plans and schedules, optimizing production processes and minimizing downtime.
- Manage a small team of production staff, providing leadership, training, and guidance to foster a collaborative and high-performing workforce.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track production performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions.
- Uphold compliance with health and safety regulations and food safety standards, promoting a culture of safety awareness and best practices.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and operational efficiency enhancement, driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure effective utilization of production equipment and machinery, coordinating maintenance and repair activities as needed.
- Manage inventory levels, minimizing waste and optimizing inventory turnover.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in food manufacturing, implementing relevant advancements in production processes.
- Proven experience as a Production Manager or in a similar role within the food manufacturing industry.
- Solid understanding of food production processes, quality standards, and health and safety regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a small team in a fast-paced production environment.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with production planning, scheduling, and inventory management principles.
- Proficiency in using production management software and MS Office Suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
To apply for this role please contact Amelia on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on 01618327463 quoting reference AHC/13422