- Location: Commutable – Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow
- Job Type: Engineering
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £25-32k
- Date Posted: 31/08/2022
- Expiry Date: 30/09/2022
With funding in place our client is ready to start designing and building their new Bio-Tech processing plant/refinery. They are looking to recruit ambitious Process Engineers who want to develop their careers and experience to join their Operations and Engineering Team.
Job title: Process Engineer
Location: Commutable – Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow
- An Engineering degree in Electrical, Chemical, Process Engineering or related.
- Ideally experience or knowledge of biorefinery down-stream processing technologies including extraction techniques, dewatering, separation, membrane filtration, evaporation and drying.
- Ability to think creatively to improve on process and plans and develop creative and effective solutions to challenges in this emerging industry.
- Hands-on experience in exploiting automation systems to enhance the performance of the wide experience with food processing equipment and processes.
- Experience in a Food Processing, chemical processing and/or Bio-refining environment.
- Experience with machine learning would be an advantage.
- Ideally, experience in food safe design, HACCP and FSCC 22000.
- Previous involvement in scaling processes from bench, through pilot, to full scale manufacturing.
- You will be involved in the design (outsourced), planning and manufacture of a new bio- refinery, scale-up, and technology transfer of our innovative biorefinery model.
- You will work closely with Operations Director to improve process robustness for current commercial products.
- Heavy involvement in the design, planning and managing of the future refinery.
- Analyse, optimise and design product recovery processes.
- Propose the introduction of cutting-edge technologies and operations.
- Ensure all aspects of the design are considered e.g., safety, food safety, compliance, energy efficiency, operability, maintainability.
- Process scales up including the development of project scope, schedule, and budget, operating financials including capex commitment, resource plan and project execution plan.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems. Provides regular updates to the senior leadership team.
- Develop and write comprehensive reports of processing activity and achievements for senior management and the board.
- Develop standard operating procedures for new processes.
- Responsible for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Highly innovative Bio-Tech business
- Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly
- Multi-million pound funding Agreed and Signed off
- Head office in Scotland
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting reference MC11796