- Location: Derbyshire
- Job Type: Engineering
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c. £48,100 (depending on experience)
- Date Posted: 01/12/2022
- Expiry Date: 07/01/2023
Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer
c.£48,100 (depending on experience)
4 on 4 off, 2 days and 2 nights
Are you looking for a new role to progress in your career? Would you like a new challenge with a major blue-chip company? My client is looking for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer to join their supportive and collaborative team.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for,
- Working as part of the technical team throughout the shift ensuring work is prioritised in accordance with production plans, schedules and preventative engineering requirements and carry out a comprehensive handover.
- Responding to breakdowns within the plant, maximising production output and ensuring the smooth flow of the operation.
- Repairing, reporting and analysis of unplanned technical failures to drive further improvements.
- Providing technical expertise to reduce both technical and production losses, including coaching and/or participating in problem solving, implementing solutions, sharing knowledge, building competence.
- Looking after all aspects of cost, efficiency, quality and maintenance activities including administration.
- Contributing to the upkeep of all relevant technical documentation.
- Raising purchase orders where required.
- Liaising with the Maintenance Planner to ensure engineering activities are completed.
- Supporting External Functions to complete remedial actions from Compliance audits.
- Experienced within a FMCG environment and be able to demonstrate engineering knowledge across maintenance, industrial services and automation.
- Educated to a minimum NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in an Electrical and Mechanical Engineering time served apprenticeship.
- 17th or 18th edition wiring regulations is desirable.
- Experience or appreciation of Instrumentation and Siemens PLC’s.
- Able to demonstrate skills working on pneumatics systems, process equipment including gearboxes drives, pumps, valves, and also/or packaging equipment.
- Demonstrates strong mechanical comprehension.
- Possesses a logical fault-finding approach to breakdowns.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Experienced in modern manufacturing techniques such as 5S, LEAN and TPM would be ideal.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency whilst never compromising safety or product quality.
- Opportunity for overtime
- Fantastic benefits
If you think this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you and would like your next challenge, please click ‘apply now’ to be considered. Alternatively, contact Edward Crampton on 02037943984 or 07852529538 or email@example.com