- Location: South Wales
- Job Type: Facilities / Maintenance
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
- Date Posted: 07/06/2023
- Expiry Date: 14/07/2023
£45,000 – £50,000
Mon-Fri (Office Hours)
Job Reference: GG/13432
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Maintenance & Engineering Manager seeking a challenging role in a fast-paced environment?
Reporting directly to the MD, this is a hands-on role. It’s an opportunity to manage and develop a high-performing team of 3 Engineers while ensuring the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of production and facility equipment.
- Take charge of reactive, preventive, and corrective maintenance of production/utility equipment and systems that are vital for site production.
- Utilize your fault-finding and problem-solving skills to minimize the impact of electrical/mechanical system issues on business operations.
- Perform routine equipment checks and promptly respond to equipment breakdowns, carrying out necessary remedial actions.
- Contribute to the development of a preventive maintenance program and adhere to maintenance schedules.
- Implement essential maintenance tasks and modifications beyond your core discipline.
- Manage mechanical and electrical engineers to ensure the site is maintained to a safe and reliable standard.
- Identify opportunities to enhance electrical/mechanical standards and improve operational efficiencies, with the support of management.
- Provide support and coordination for specialist contractor companies and utility engineers, ensuring adherence to HSE standards during on-site work.
- Collaborate with other teams and departments on various projects.
- Maintain control of break times and authorize staff holidays.
- Participate in customer visits and factory tours.
- Electrically biased (desirable but not essential)
- 18th Edition wiring (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with drives, conveyors, pumps, vales and steam equipment
- Experience of hydraulics and pneumatics
- PPM experience
If you feel you fit the brief for this opportunity and would like to take on a new challenge with an exciting business, click ‘apply now’ to be considered.
Or contact Gilbert Gregory on 02037943983 or 07487732962 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/13432