- Location: Cornwall
- Job Type: Supply Chain/Logistics/Inventory
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£60k - £70k DOE.
- Date Posted: 10/02/2022
- Expiry Date: 31/03/2022
Logistics and Transport Manager
Role: Logistics Manager
Salary: c£60k – £70k DOE.
Become a key player in the UK expansion of this branded food manufacturing business. As part of the SLT you will be integral to the introduction of IT systems and strategies to increase efficiencies.
- Relevant degree is preferred but not essential i.e., Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Management etc.
- It is vital that you have extensive warehousing experience and examples of dealing with customer 3PL partners before applying to this role.
- Extensive experience in Food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Experienced working with and implementing VMS / WMS programmes. Experience with Microlise would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of an ERP (SAP preferred), manufacturing methods and related equipment.
- Responsible for inbound, intralogistics and outbound logistics. Managing the relationship with the 3PL partners, to deliver best in class site logistics performance.
- Drive forward the business’s growth, development, goals, and strategies to better the overall companies’ performance.
- Using CI Methodologies, systems, and tools to establish and maintain comprehensive processes that maximize capabilities and drive improvements in the areas of productivity, reliability, costs, quality, and safety.
- Optimize performance of the automated truck & warehouse system to deliver best in class site logistics performance.
- Ownership of capital projects & budgets.
- Fantastic company values and benefits to this role on offer.
- Passionate about driving forward innovation and ensuring their customers consistently get the best value for their products in full and on time.
- Family run business that contributes greatly to the surrounding areas by giving back to the community
If you would like to know about this position, please contact Hannah on 07450406505 or email Hannah directly on Hannah.mcgrail@Silven.co.uk with reference HM10514