- Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
- Job Type: H&S Hygiene
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£50-53k
- Date Posted: 11/07/2023
- Expiry Date: 11/08/2023
Health & Safety Manager – Manufacturing
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
NEBOSH/IOSH qualification with experience of H&S Management
Driven and proactive manager, focused on delivery,
Proven track record in building relationships and delivery based on influencing
A pragmatic leader who is able to demonstrate management planning and commercial acumen
3 years plus experience within a manufacturing environment ideally food or FMCG
- Devise and implement HSE policies and practices
- HSE best practice through building relationships and influencing at all levels within the business
- Liaise as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities
- Co-ordinate and promote continual improvement in HSE
- Ensures adequate and practical assessment of risk on site including machinery, safe movement, environmental hazards
- Provide advice and support to site team in determining appropriate control measure and corrective actions
- Manage provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, relevant protective clothing and equipment.
- Support accident / incident investigations and ensure reporting where required to relevant authorities.
- Ensure the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
- Prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks.
- Surveillance and reporting on health and safety practices and systems.
- Recruitment, selection, management and development of health and safety direct-reporting staff.
- Tracking and provision of Health & Safety information for the site
- Budgetary control for HSE for the site
- Manage environmental hazards relating to energy, water and waste
- Identification and delivery of HSE training
A growing manufacturing business, looking for a hands on, H&S professional to join the team!
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref LO/13563 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 83 27463.