- Location: Greater Manchester
- Job Type: H&S Hygiene
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: up to £55k + benefits
- Date Posted: 31/05/2023
- Expiry Date: 07/07/2023
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager/HSE Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environment specialist to join a market-leading food group at their manufacturing site in Greater Manchester.
Role: HSE Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: up to £55k + benefits
- Must have previous experience in a Safety, Health & Environmental role in a food or FMCG manufacturing environment.
- You will have NEBOSH diploma qualified.
- Strong attention to detail as internal audits. Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of Health and Safety/Environmental legislation.
- Work well under pressure, be team focused, influential, flexible, a strong communicator and confident.
What you’ll be doing:
- To lead the Health, Safety and Environmental function. To be responsible for developing and implementing the short- and long-term strategies which will evolve a zero accident, zero incident, safe place of work.
- Building working relationships with governing bodies and local authority (HSE, EA, GMP, GMFR, MCC, UU etc.)
- Support the business and effectively communicate the measuring and monitoring performance against the Site HS&E KPIs.
- Facilitate the implementation of policies and procedures which help reduce risk and support a positive HS&E culture.
- Keep abreast of any changes or updates to relevant legislation and industry guidance/best practice. Furthermore, ensure that such information is communicated and acted upon within your day-to-day role.
- Maintain permit systems and compliance recording. Advise on suitability of external contractors and agency risk assessment and method statements.
- Manage the site requirements for employee, agency and contractor health surveillance. Liaise with appropriate external resource to ensure implementation.
- Excellent career prospects exist for ambitious individuals.
- A major player within their market
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/13395 in the subject field to email@example.com or call Carole on 0161 832 7463