- Location: Greater Manchester
- Job Type: H&S Hygiene
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: 30k plus 5% Bonus, Pension, Mon-Fri, Days Based
- Date Posted: 10/11/2022
- Expiry Date: 17/12/2022
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Health & Safety Contractor Controller
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: 30k plus 5% Bonus, Pension Mon -Fri Days Based
Our client is a hugely successful food manufacturer who is part of a global business. With sustained growth they are recruiting for a Health & Safety Contractor Controller to join their busy Engineering team.
- We are looking for a Health &Safety Contractor Controller for a fast-paced Manufacturing facility
- You will have a NEBOSH Health &Safety Certificate
- You will experience of Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- You will experience of managing contractors on site pre-vetting potential contractor, deliver site induction to ensure contractors adhere to site health and safety policies and procedures
- Monitoring statutory inspections/calibration are completed in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will work as part of the engineering team on this flagship site.
- Duties include leading safety behaviours with all contractors, including participating in TOP’s tours, to deliver HSE KPIs.
- Ensure activities are legally compliant through the effective application and challenge of policies and procedures.
- Promote a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses.
- Responsible for actions that arise from TOPs’ tour, GMP audits, External Safety audits and Statutory Inspections.
- Ensure the necessary requirements i.e. COSSH, Legionella and other health and safety are complied with.
- Brief all contractors and visitors about required site’s standards to ensure quality of products are not compromised. Ensure contractors adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Arrange contractor interventions in an efficient and timely manner to mitigate downtime to production.
- Deliver and support focussed improvement projects and problem solving/RCA towards WCO, reporting as appropriate.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC12094 or for a confidential discussion, please call me Max Cable on 07792 465247