- Location: Glasgow
- Job Type: Technical
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £competitive salary plus benefits
- Date Posted: 27/04/2021
- Expiry Date: 28/05/2021
Head of Technical/Technical Controller
Are you a Senior Technical Manager who is career-minded with well-developed leadership skills and experience within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment?
Finsbury Food Group (FFG) is a leading speciality bakery manufacturer, producing a diverse range of cakes, bread and bakery snack products for the major UK multiple retailers and the foodservice channel.
We are recruiting for a Head of Technical to lead the Technical function across our Scottish sites, including Finsbury Food Group’s largest site Lightbody of Hamilton along with Johnstone’s Food Service and our distribution centre in Eurocentral.
Location: Glasgow area, Scotland
Salary: £competitive salary plus benefits
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent qualification.
- Level 4 award in HACCP management.
- Lead Auditor qualified.
- 3 years minimum relevant experience in a similar environment at senior level.
- Cost and commercial awareness, conceptual thinking with an outstanding concern for quality.
- Has a passion for excellence and can enthuse others.
- Strongly determined and shows tenacity when facing challenging situations and feedback.
- Highly numerate and literate with ability to understand how to make improvements through
- Must look to continually develop their skills; networking to maintain business knowledge and skills and actively identifying development needs and resources to do so.
- The Site Head of Technical must be motivated to continually enhance and develop the technical strategy for the site; seeking out and identifying new technology enhancements and ‘ways of working’ that can deliver ‘step changes’ in technical function operating performance.
The Role – Head of Technical:
- The role will drive a continuous improvement and process innovation culture within the site technical team, interfacing with the site leadership team and cake business/group functions to deliver improvement initiatives.
- In addition, the Head of Technical should initiate, contribute to and support business improvement projects which make a significant contribution to the performance and / or profitability of the business, with focus on (but not restricted to); profit improvement through direct and indirect operating cost reduction and top line volume growth via support of successful innovation implementation.
- The structured development of the site technical teams forms a key result area, set and manage performance targets for direct reports. Formal succession planning should be conducted and supported by team member development plans and restructure activity where required.
What will you get?
- A company that is growing both organically and through acquisition.
- A company committed to CSR, that works with charitable organisations, gives back to the community and is serious about sustainability.
- An excellent chance for career progression; we are looking for people with the potential for further promotion to Group Technical Director.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref EH/HOTG to our retained consultant firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call on 0161 832 7463. All third party CV’s will be forwarded to Silven for consideration.