- Location: Northwest/Cheshire/North Wales – there will be UK travel
- Job Type: Technical
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£excellent + bens
- Date Posted: 20/10/2022
- Expiry Date: 30/11/2022
Head of Technical – Food Manufacturing
I am working with my client to find a Head of Technical Manager to join their company in a brand-new position. Is this you?
Location: Northwest/Cheshire/North Wales – there will be UK travel
Salary: c£excellent + bens
- A leader in the market they supply
- Established company
- Growing and developing site
Reporting to the Operations Director to lead and motivate the sites Technical Managers and their teams. To include amongst other responsibilities:
- You will have technical responsibility for Food Safety, Quality, Legality and Brand Reputation for all group sites. You will play a key role in the operational side of the business and will have frequent contact with Site Directors, NPD team and Project Managers.
- Take the lead in ensuring that the process and procedures are robust to make sure the Group and Third-Party Certification standards are the adhered to and that all factories are “audit ready”.
- Oversee and make improvements in the internal and third-party audit process as necessary and ensure the corrective actions programme is managed.
- Oversee the HACCP process for the business to ensure plans are well developed and adhered to.
- Degree in Food Science or similar
- Previous technical experience including supervising/managing within the Food Industry
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of food hygiene standards and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills essential – verbal and written
- Understanding of procedures for managing non-conformance
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in food manufacturing with Technical Management
- Responsibility over multi sites
- Previous experience on working with Retailers, Brand Owners and industry customers Is essential.
What to do next:
Get in touch! If you think this role is for YOU email your CV with CH/11994 as a reference or contact me on 0161 832 7463 (work)
Not for you? That’s ok! Maybe you know someone who would be suitable for this position? Pass them the link!