- Location: Central London, Southeast
- Job Type:
- Contract Type:
- Salary: £75-£80k plus car allowance, Bonus, H/C , Pension
- Date Posted: 06/06/2023
- Expiry Date: 14/07/2023
Head of Technical- Exclusive – Brand-New Created Role
Location: Central London, Southeast
Salary: 75-80k plus car allowance, Bonus, H/C , Pension
Flexible Working – WFH –2 Days a week
This is an exclusive, newly created role for a Head of Technical. You will be working for a hugely successful company who pride themselves on their global supply chain integrity, sustainable sourcing, and high-quality product.
With a multi-million-pound turnover and continued year on year growth, it really is a perfect time to join them. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Technical to lead and inspire our Technical team and shape this brand-new role. If you want the scope to make a difference in a progressive and innovative environment then this could be your next role.
- We’re looking for an inspirational Head of Technical You will have experience of working at a senior level and ideally have managed technical teams in a chilled, multi-component manufacturing environment or as a key Technical Manager for a Retailer/ QSR
- Coupled with your expert technical management background within Food /Drink manufacturing, you will ideally have a Food / Science related degree. You will also be a Certified auditor and have extensive experience with BRC and retailer standards. A 2nd language would be beneficial for this role.
- You will have extensive change management experience, with the proven ability to engage and inspire at all levels, optimising results across the business through a continued commitment to quality and sustainability.
- You’ll be commercially astute including being able to demonstrate excellent negotiation and supplier relationship management skills.
- You will need strong interpersonal skills to allow interaction with your Customer Technical Teams , Suppliers and your own Procurement and the Sales teams to gain both credibility and their trust.
Key responsibilities include:
- As Head of Technical you will be reporting to the Group Technical Director. You have full responsibility for the Technical Managers and their Teams ensuring that there are an engaged, customer focussed who are fully committed to delivering the business goals. You will work closely with the Procurement and Sales Teams and be a key stakeholder within the Senior Leadership Team.
- A key part of this role is to give guidance. to ensuring the highest operational standards and legislation for Quality and Technical integrity are adhered to ( UK ,EU and Non-EU ), through on-going support and to challenge to the business and suppliers to ensure further safe growth
- As Head of Technical , you will take the lead for these specific categories in ensuring that the process and procedures are robust to make sure customer standards are adhered to and that these factories are “audit ready”.
- As part of your role you will support the Technical Director in defining and supporting the delivery of the Technical strategic plan and where necessary re-evaluate changes to the operating practices that may come to light because of external and internal inputs including key KPI’s such as complaints.
- You will actively support Technical activities and objectives to ensure that they are met and to the desired budget or in some cases where they can be improved to deliver cost savings while maintaining the service.
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch asap.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant Max.Cable@silven.co.uk quoting ref MC/HOFT or call Max on 07792 465247 for a confidential discussion.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process