- Location: LN4 1NJ, Lincoln, Newark on Trent, Boston, Horncastle
- Job Type: Finance
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: Excellent salary to attract the best, Bonus, Life Insurance, Pension, HealthCare, Hybrid Working
- Date Posted: 17/07/2023
- Expiry Date: 25/08/2023
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Group Financial Controller – Exclusive Role
Location: Lincoln, Newark on Trent, Boston, Horncastle
Salary: Excellent salary to attract the best, Bonus, Life Insurance, Pension, HealthCare, Hybrid Working
We are recruiting for a talented Group Financial Controller with a leading food business with a turnover of over 200 million and growing.
It’s an exclusive role and has come about from internal promotion. It is a hugely exciting time to join their business as they are highly profitable and have the multi-million pounding funding to the further expand, including new factories and lines as they expand their business, lead innovation and sustainability in their sector.
This is a key role for the business and needs an ambitious, talented Group Financial Controller to join their highly capable Finance to help them deliver their exciting future.
- We are looking for a qualified Financial Controller (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) who can demonstrate their experience in delivering full Financial, Statutory and Management Accounts within a 100 million T/0 plus FMCG business.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have strong commercial skills, used to working directly with major customers and ideally with Open Book Contracts experience (not essential), pricing and negotiation.
- You will ideally worked on Capital projects including cashflow, capital movement and forecasted capex spends
- You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of Year End Statutory Accounts auditing, Corporation Tax, VAT and R&D taxation.
- You will be a credible senior team player who is a natural communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. As you will have excellent influencing skills and the ability to work in a multi-functional team environment and at board level.
- You will have exceptional people management skills coupled with mentoring / coaching ability. Be able to show you have developed your people and their skills /careers
- Reporting to the FD, you will work as part of the senior management team for this prestigious business. This a high-profile role which is varied role, challenging and fun.
- As Group Financial Controller will lead & mentor your team. There are two direct reports the Management Accountant and Financial Accountant (as well as indirect AP and AR team). As part of this, you will work to developing skills and ensuring a well-structured and motivated finance team is in place, to build a positive performance culture.
- As key part of your role as Group Financial Controller will be as the Financial /Commercial interface with all customers, managing those relationships within the open book model. Reporting and advising on how it impacts the business. You will do Monthly quarterly pricing and reconciliations, new costings business and annual customer negotiations on inflation.
- As Group FC you and your team will prepare month end including ensuring the accuracy of all primary statements, P&L, Balance and Cashflow and the explanation of material variances to both budget and prior year.
- Working with your Financial Accountant, you will have accountability of the year end statutory accounts from year end close down all the way through to Statutory accounts preparation. To include key areas such as:
- Preparation of year end audit file with the wider Finance team
- Being the lead point of contact for the audit process
- Ownership of Corporate and VAT and R&D tax requirements from a statutory perspective – at year end and throughout the financial year
- Filing of dormant accounts and other smaller statutory reporting requirements as required
There will be accountability of the monthly cash flow forecast which profiles in detail projected EBITDA, working capital movements and forecasted capex spends – rolling 13 week forecast.
Project work including the capital projects, business system implementation process systems such as the integration with SI ERP system
Any direct or 3rd party application will be forwarded to ourselves
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC13579 to our retained consultant, Max Cable on firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 07792 465247