- Location: West Midlands
- Job Type: Engineering
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£44K + benefits
- Date Posted: 28/02/2023
- Expiry Date: 01/04/2023
Engineering Lead – FMCG
Job Title: Engineering Section Lead
Location: West Midlands
Salary: c£44K + benefits
- Experience within a similar role within the food or FMCG sector.
- Experience managing teams of engineers in an Engineering Leadership position.
- Ideally you will be time served Engineer with a mixed discipline.
- PLC Experience.
- Refrigeration experience.
- NEBOSH Certificate & IOSH Managing safely.
- Monday to Friday days-based role with some flexibility required.
- To provide motivating leadership for the engineering function on shift. Implementation of strategy working towards its vision to become world class.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Engineering function with respect to engineers, purchasing, store’s inventory, equipment contracts, PPM’s and planned overhauls.
- Ensure both a safe working environment and a positive safety culture is in place through effective training, coaching and supervision of team members, leading by example, ensuring all safety processes are followed and supporting all safety initiatives.
- Provide clear leadership to the team through effective recruitment, selection, induction training and coaching and performance management in line with policy and agreed procedures.
- Conduct regular, quality performance conversations and annual reviews, challenging and managing poor performance and capability issues in order to drive improvements in individual and team performance.
- Ensure all products are manufactured to the specified quality in a safe and hygienic manner, exercising due diligence always to meet the Company’s obligation under the Food Safety Act.
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, hygiene and other manufacturing practices (GMP), are achieved and maintained.
- Proactively manage absence (both short and long term) in line with the attendance management procedure.
- Lead the Daily Team Review Meeting ensuring actions are agreed and completed to drive an improvement in safety, quality and cost.
- My client is a major player within the food and drink sector with an enviable presence. They are continuing to grow year on year.
- There are very clear career opportunities for high potential individuals.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref HM12739 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463.