- Location: Derbyshire
- Job Type: Engineering
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c. £50,000 - 55,000 (depending on experience)
- Date Posted: 01/12/2022
- Expiry Date: 07/01/2023
Electrical and Automation Engineer
c.£50,000 – 55,000 (depending on experience)
Are you looking for a new role to progress in your career? Would you like a new challenge with a major blue-chip company? My client is looking for an Electrical and Automation Engineer to join their supportive and collaborative team.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for,
- Managing the sites PLC networks, hardware and software.
- Managing the PLC network support contracts.
- Providing technical support and training to Technicians and Engineers.
- MES/Automation/FAS gap analysis compliance.
- Ensuring safe installations and operations through proper design, protection systems, procedures and training.
- Ensuring documentation including manuals, diagrams, software packages etc. are updated and correct.
- Supporting CAPEX Projects across the site.
- Managing site obsolescence plan, pro-actively identify critical areas and implement upgrades
- Previous experience of working in a similar role and environment.
- Ideally Educated in Electrical Engineering to Degree, HNC, ONC level or completion of a recognised apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3).
- Working Knowledge of systems such as Siemens S7, PC, PLC, Database and SCADA systems. PLC/HMI programming or Rockwell Allen Bradley would be advantageous.
- Experience in the development of engineering projects as part of a multidisciplinary team (preferably including different products and technologies in Electrical and Automation areas)
- You will be able to support with software development, including MES, Automation, HMI screen design, database design.
- Strong and highly developed fault finding and problem analysis skills.
- Participation in the start-up of technical equipment(s) and/or production line(s).
- Exposure to TPM, preventive maintenance planning and/or maintenance execution desired but not required.
- c£50,000 – £55,000
- Potential bonus
- Fantastic benefits
If you think this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you and would like your next challenge, please click ‘apply now’ to be considered. Alternatively, contact Edward Crampton on 02037943984 or 07852529538 or firstname.lastname@example.org