EHS ManagerSilven Recruitment Posted 13/11/2019
Job Title: EHS Manager
Location: Davidstow , Cornwall
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & benefits package to attract the best (relocation available)
This is an exciting opportunity for an EHS Manager to join at our flagship site in Davidstow, Cornwall. The business (formerly Dairy Crest) is a subsidiary of Saputo Inc., one of the top 10 Dairy Processors in the world, and leading Cheese Manufacturer.
The Saputo Dairy UK portfolio delivers annual revenue in excess of £450M Net Sales Value (NSV) with contribution from well-known brands such as Cathedral City, Davidstow, Clover, Country Life, Vitalite, Utterly Butterly and Willow in addition to retailer own brands.
As EHS Manager you will be a key member of the site Senior Leadership Team, implementing group Health, Safety & Environment strategies, at site level, ensuring legal compliance with regulatory bodies and company standards are achieved and maintained.
- We’re looking for a highly experienced EHS professional, who has successfully led and inspired teams in large complex process industries / manufacturing environments,
- Your background will ideally be in Manufacturing but above all you must be able to drive and deliver a positive safety programme. Ideally you will be Degree or Equivalent, you will be NEBOSH Diploma qualified and have full IOSH Membership to ensure continued professional development
- You will be able to demonstrate extensive experience of up to date tools and techniques required to deliver behavioural and cultural change. Working in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
- Your natural style with be one of coaching and motivating teams and consistently delivering results.
- You will have excellent presentation skills and have experience of managing external relationships with enforcement agencies e.g. HSE, Fire and EA etc.
Key responsibilities include:
Reporting to the Group EHS Manager, as Site EHS Manager, the role works collaboratively with the site leadership team, members of group health & safety and environment teams as well as external agencies, to meet all legal requirements.
Key deliverables will include delivering HSE performance through continuous improvement and assurance of effective management systems, strategic initiatives, cultural development and leadership
As part of your role as EHS Manager, you develop site programmes to drive KPI improvements, through annual plans / projects and effective reporting tools
Responsible for leading any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate, you will manage site audits and enforcement authority visits, to ensure successful compliance and close out of corrective actions.
You will promote and facilitate the active exchange of new technologies, systems, tools and training packages and where they can be applied for the benefit of the site
In addition, your role will be to maintain a high level of personal competence through internal and external sources.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant email@example.com quoting ref MC6164 or call Max on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.