- Location: Greater Manchester
- Job Type: Shift Manager
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c£40k
- Date Posted: 23/08/2022
- Expiry Date: 30/09/2022
Despatch Shift Manager
- Working in a food/FMCG manufacturing environment?
- Experienced in managing an FMCG warehouse and distribution team on shifts?
- Driving improvements within a business?
If you can answer yes to all of these read on:
Job Title: Despatch Shift Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
- You must be experienced in managing a fast-paced warehouse/Despatch/operations team in either FMCG or food manufacturing
- Must have a good understanding of despatch management and logistics planning
- Must be a hands-on people manager as well as an experienced leader
- You will have a great financial awareness to help drive down costs and will have a very analytical mind
- Excellent customer service skills are also required to build and develop relationships with customers and suppliers
- Set clear goals, targets and expectations of performance for all Despatch Operatives and Despatch Coordinators on your shifts to ensure all relevant KPI’s are met.
- Ensure all shift members are aware of and complying with environmental, health and safety, legal and company standards and requirements and that all shifts operate in compliance with them.
- Ensure optimal labour utilisation, by making best use of the company Warehouse Management Systems and labour flexibility.
- Recruit, train and develop Operatives and Coordinators who reflect the Company’s Values and
- Develop high-level problem-solving capability and facilitation skills throughout the function
- Drives improvement opportunities through your team
- Looks and encourages others to find “waste” opportunities in everything that we do
- Responsible for maintaining a culture built on continuous improvement
- A well-known Food & Drink manufacturer with a fantastic reputation.
- A company who will support and develop employees to be the best they can be.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/11753 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463.