- Location: Cheshire
- Job Type: Other Managerial Job Function
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: c.£50,000
- Date Posted: 11/11/2021
- Expiry Date: 31/12/2021
Job Reference: 9710
This role is with a very successful, growing family business in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. It’s a genuinely great place to work. Staff are valued, developed and listened to. It’s an exciting time for them as the product range expands and demand grows.
The company are looking for a Department Manager, the role will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Ensure HSE policies and procedures are complied with, monitored, and improved
- Ensure Department KPIs are continuously improved
- Improve food safety standards (GMP / HACCP principles)
- Ensure the Department is ‘Audit Ready’ at all times
- Lead, coach, and develop Supervisors (and Indirect Reports)
- Interrogate Management Information (MI) System data for improvements
- Lead for cost savings using Continuous Improvement for Waste & Improve Yield
- Lead by example and demonstrate ‘What Good Looks Like’
- Create a positive, engaging culture amongst Department staff
- To proactively manage all people processes including sickness mgt, occupational health referrals and payroll authorisation
Ideally experienced within a Dairy Manufacturing business using Food Safety and HSE excellence, the preferred candidate will have good numeracy & literacy skills with a strong skillset in using Microsoft Office and ERP Programmes and will lead by example in the Company’s values.
In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary dependent upon experience, plus pension contributions, holidays, life assurance, an onsite occupational health service, free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Staff discount, Staff sales and the opportunity to join and lead a fantastic team.
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 07487732962, 0161 832
7463 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/9710