Technical ManagerSilven Recruitment Posted 10/03/2020
Are you a Technical Manager who is career-minded with good leadership skills and experience within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
Finsbury Food Group (FFG) is a leading speciality bakery manufacturer, with £320m turnover, and 3,200 employees, producing a diverse range of cakes, bread and bakery snack products for the major UK multiple retailers and the foodservice channel.
The Cake Division has three sites, two of which are in Scotland, based in Hamilton and East Kilbride.
It is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of pre-packed cakes to retailers and wholesalers. The business is predominately retailer branded however It also produces under the Thornton’s, Disney, Weight Watchers and Mars brands, as well as its own Memory Lane brand.
Location: Glasgow area, Scotland
Salary: £competitive salary plus benefits
- Are you degree qualified in Food Science or a related subject?
- Do you have extensive experience gained in a fast-paced food production environment, dealing with supermarket multiples?
- Do you have an in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation and food industry standards, familiar with Food Safety, Allergen Control, Microbiology and Quality Assurance?
- Are you an experienced auditor with a thorough working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Internal Auditing Systems.
- Can you demonstrate a clear and engaging style of communication?
If you can answer “yes” to most of the above questions, please read on….
The Role – Technical Manager:
- Drive and implement robust Technical Standards, Systems and Processes in line with the site’s Operational Vision and Group Strategy.
- Strive for Continuous Improvement in all areas of the operation, guaranteeing compliance with relevant legislative, customer, product and Health & Safety standards.
- Lead, coach and develop the Quality Assurance Team, in particular the direct reports which include Quality Continuous Improvement Coordinators and Quality First Line Managers.
- Act as a key contact with customers on all technical issues.
- KPI’s will clearly be aimed at minimising Quality Withdrawals and maintaining a BRC grade of A*.
- This role sits within the Operational Leadership Team and reports into the Head of Technical.
What will you get?
- A company that is growing both organically and through acquisition.
- A company committed to CSR, that works with charitable organisations, gives back to the community and is serious about sustainability.
- An excellent chance for career progression; we are looking for people with the potential for further promotion.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref JP/6215 to our retained consultant john.pollard@ silven.co. uk or for a confidential discussion, please call on 0845 003 6872 or mobile 07792 465338. All third party CV’s will be forwarded to Silven for consideration.