Technical ManagerSilven Recruitment Posted 20/08/2019
Job Title: Technical Manager
Location: N. Yorkshire
Salary: £40K – £45K
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Manager / Technical Services or Systems Manager to join a growing business and take a step up into the position of Technical Manager. If this is something you could be interested in then read on!
- Ensuring the right level of technical resources are in place across site to ensure food safety, legality and quality are maintained.
- Upkeep of all product sorting data with reports back into the Operations team.
- Upkeep of departmental KPIs, ensuring the correct ones are maintained and reported.
- Upkeep of site accreditations and customer policies. In particular the maintaining of BRC grade AA+ site status.
- Implementation & maintenance of internal site procedures & policies.
- Customer and authority visit and audit co-ordination.
- Driving continuous improvement
- Upkeep of all technical documentation
- Customer specification upkeep.
- Maintenance of site PC system (QC & stock data capture)
- Upkeep of quality control, and quality assurance systems
- System developments / improvement initiatives
- External analysis sample collation, testing and result checking.
- Positive release of stock
- General help to QA manager including absence cover.
- Working with supplier assurance and business development manager on the supply chain and new project integration.
- Responsible for pest management in liaison with Pest Management Contractor
- Internal audit Co – ordination and completion of root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- Deputy for Technical support when on holiday or absent
- Customer complaints corrective plans
- Out of spec Micro Review and corrective plans
- External Lab Testing Trending
- A natural people person
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Highly influential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well Organized
- Good understanding of Lean methods
- Analytical brain
- Computer Literate
- Technical management experience
- Experience of QC & QA regimes in a food factory.
- Experience of internal auditing in a food factory
- HACCP level 3 or higher
- Food hygiene level 4 or equivalent / higher related science subject.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref BF/5782 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463.