Technical & Innovation DirectorSilven Recruitment Posted 19/07/2019
Technical & Innovation Director
Location: South East London, with travel.
Salary: Six figure package to attract the best
Do you want to work for a successful, growing company who pride themselves on their supply chain integrity, sustainable sourcing and high-quality products? My client is a market leader in innovation, supplying to food service, manufacturing and retail with exciting plans for future growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- You will be the Food Technology guardian and Innovation facilitator in the business; providing strategic guidance to stakeholders, team, customers and suppliers
- An inspirational Technical Director who has a real passion for quality, you will have experience of working at Director level.
- Utilise and develop appropriate KPI’s to monitor, maintain and improve the Food Technology department and to exceed and challenge departmental objectives and service quality standards, ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures in all sectors.
- You will have a strong technical management background and be able to demonstrate successful leadership skills. You will have the ability to set and deliver the technical strategy.
- Work/co-ordinate with other department heads to achieve business plans both short and long term, and by so doing, ensure a synergistic business approach to meeting business objectives.
- Ensuring the department builds effective strategic relationships with the businesses key suppliers and in so doing ensuring suppliers meet the standards required by our customers.
- Manage the Technical controller and provide support to the senior technical team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrate competency in resources and people management in accordance to the requirements of the job.
- Degree educated in Food Technology or closely related biologically based subject,
- Experience in food process and sourcing optimization and innovation. Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience of auditing on a global scale. The role will involve extensive travel according to business needs.
- A passion for mentoring and developing individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Extensive experience working in a technical role is essential.
The role carries a high level of responsibility and will be challenging but the rewards for the right candidate will be immeasurable.
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch asap.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ref KG/5189 or call 0161 832 7463 for a confidential discussion.
All direct and third party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process