Technical ControllerPosted 2nd August 2019
Recruitment: Exclusive to Silven
Location: South East London, with travel.
Salary: Attractive salary package & benefits
Do you want to work for a successful, growing company who pride themselves on their supply chain integrity, sustainable sourcing and high-quality products? My client is a market leader in innovation, supplying to food service, manufacturing and retail with exciting plans for future growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of a fast-paced technical department in their deliverance of due diligence vs. EU and UK legislation.
- Supporting the Technical Director in providing leadership for the Technical Management team in defining and supporting the delivery of the technical strategic plan
- Primarily accountable for the day to day execution of the Technical strategy, and where necessary re-evaluate changes to the operating practices that may come to light as a result of external and internal inputs including key KPI’s like complaints
- Monitor and mentor staff activities and objectives to ensure that they are met and to the desired budget or in some cases where they can be improved to deliver cost savings while maintaining the service.
- Project Management of the whole supply chain process right through concept to launch of products that meet the food safety quality and legality standards expected by liaison with key internal and external stakeholders throughout this process, and thereby ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Managing team of Technical category managers as direct reports and ensuring they achieve their due diligence program of planned audits and supplier surveillance
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree educated in Food Science or closely related biologically based subject,
- Extensive experience of working in food manufacturing – ideally in a chilled, high risk environment.
- Demonstrable management and influencing skills at all levels in an organisation and the ability to communicate information and ideas to all parties.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of growing and nurturing a team.
- Project management skills to be able to demonstrate deliverance of complex projects with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management ability.
The role carries a high level of responsibility and will be challenging but the rewards for the right candidate will be immeasurable.
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch asap.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref KG/5596 or call 0161 832 7463 for a confidential discussion.
All direct and third party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process