Quality Team LeaderSilven Recruitment Posted 16/04/2020
Quality Team Leader
Job Reference: GG/7020
The company is a manufacturer of branded and private label food. It is included in The Grocer’s Top 100 list of Britain’s Biggest Brands and is consistently one of the UK’s most chosen brands.
The successful Quality Team Leader will join the company’s state-of-the-art site in Shropshire. They will be key to ensuring that products meet the correct specifications and are of the highest standards, prior to dispatch to customers
- Ensuring continued development of the QA Team
- Deputising for the Laboratory Manager.
- Organising routine activity and scheduled work in both the Chemistry and Microbiology Laboratories.
- Assisting with internal audits according to the audit schedule
- Carrying out testing of ingredients and finished products.
- Collection and preparation of samples for external analysis, ensuring the schedule is adhered to.
- Ensuring all out of specification results are actioned & escalated to the relevant people within a timely manner.
- Laboratory consumable stock control
- Conduct environmental monitoring within the Laboratory and Production areas.
- Positive releasing of products for third party logistics and distribution.
- Maintaining appropriate legal, company, and third-party records/ documentation.
- Assisting in calibration and verification of Laboratory Instruments, according to the internal schedule.
- Leading daily taste panel, ensuring any OOS’s are investigated accordingly.
- Assessing data/ results from both Laboratory testing and GMP audits to highlight any trends/ improvements, enabling production to take the necessary actions for quick and sustainable resolution.
- Root Cause Analysis of Quality failures and corrective action planning
- Conduct investigations to identify corrective actions for any non-conforming product.
- Makes recommendations for improvements in both GLP and GMP
- Carries out and records site CCP checks.
- Ensures in-depth GMP audits are carried out, and findings escalated
- Ensures all out of specifications have a closed loop through retests, escalation, and corrective actions
- Ensure Cost of Non-Quality/ Hold logs are managed appropriately as hold/ release/ reject
- Driving improvements on site as a GMP Lead
- Support Lab Manager in effective budget management.
- Support the site in establishing cost savings, through providing accurate data and using initiative to help identify cost avoidance.
Skills & Experience Required
- A keen eye for detail and ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills; written & oral
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team in a busy environment
- The ability to work under pressure
- Proactive approach to continued professional development of self and team
- Previous Laboratory experience
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated: striving for Results
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/7020.