Quality Assurance ManagerPosted 11th February 2019 (2 weeks ago)
Quality Assurance Manager
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: c30£K plus fantastic benefits package
Our client is looking for a candidate with high attention detail to join their state of the art factory that is showing growth and expansion year on year.
If you would like to work in an environment where you can truly make things happen; where your opinions count, and your actions lead to results for the whole team, then this is a great place for you. We love creative, driven and energetic people who thrive on the energy of others.
- Food Science, Food Technology or other Science based degree or HND.
- Experience in a Quality/Technical role essential.
- A good understanding of Retailer Specification Systems (FIND, INSPIRE, TQC, ASPECT etc).
- Knowledge of relevant UK & EU Food Legislation, guidelines and retail policies & codes of practice
- Knowledge of ingredients, nutrition & factory process methods.
- General awareness of food industry requirements.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Team leadership skills and a real ‘team player’
- A thorough approach to work and an eye for detail
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan and manage conflicting priorities
- Deputising for the Head of Technical and Quality when required
- Supporting and co-leading third party and customer audits
- Maintaining QMS System and Quality Policies
- Management and review of:
- GMP audits
- Glass/Plastic audits
- Hygiene audits
- Fabrication audits
- Internal audits and management schedule
- Maintaining calibration schedule
- HACCP team member
- Issuing concessions – shelf life of products
- Organising organoleptic panels (daily)
- Supplier approval process including supplier visits and audits when required
- Assisting with new product launches and attending NPD meetings when required
- Attending production trials
- Completion of sampling matrix to a risk-based schedule for allergens, raw materials, finished products,
water and environmental swabs (QA complete tests)
- Monitoring of lab results and sign off. Investigating and reporting those out of specification
- Completing traceability tests and mock recalls
- Day to day management of non-conformances including root cause, corrective and preventative action
- Providing relevant training to QA and Production and updating training matrix
- Management of Goods In when issues arise
- Supporting of Technical Admin with complaint investigations
- Supporting Head of Technical and Quality with Pest Control
- Updating production and hygiene paperwork when required
- My client is a profitable food to go business which is undergoing steady growth.
- They are highly committed to employee development.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with clear career advancement.
Due to the high volume of responses to online advertisements, regrettably we are only able to acknowledge successful applications. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref KG/4603 to email@example.com or for a confidential chat my number is 0161 832 7463.