QA ManagerSilven Recruitment Posted 18/06/2020
Job Reference: GG/7112
The QA Manager will be responsible for the management of the QA team, factory technical processes and activities to ensure the site are continually manufacturing safe and legal product in accordance with all policies and procedures.
This is a hands-on, factory-based role.
- Management of the QA’s – 4 x direct reports with a requirement to work flexibly to coach, train and ensure all process are completed in accordance with the procedure.
- Auditing – GMP/hygiene/fabrication/QMS in line with the schedule and ensuring that all non-conformances are communicated and closed out.
- Control of non-conforming product, hold and reject communication, reject and disposal notes
- Management of the calibration schedule.
- Organisation of all laboratory and retained samples ensuring that all testing is completed in accordance with schedule and codes of practices.
- Overseeing the factory and ensuring that the facility is “audit ready” and working within all Gluten free and Vegan standards to produce safe and legal products. Ensuring that the HACCP plan, QMS, Integrity requirements are all fully installed into the daily working processes.
- Release of the factory for vegan and gluten free production and collation of the samples for testing
- External audit preparation and involvement in all customer, regulatory and third-party audits. Presentation of all associated work to include audits, calibration and traceability information.
- Ownership of metal detectors and checkweighers, scales and temperature probes.
- Coordination of the Pest Control contract and ensuring that all non-conformances are communicated and closed out. Recording of all actions as required in the documentation.
- Non-conformance close outs for all internal and external audits ensuring that all actions have a root cause and a sustainable long-term fix.
- Ownership of the date coding system to ensure all operational staff are fully trained.
- Ensuring all factory paperwork is up to date and fit for purpose, filing is completed in accordance with procedures and available for all traceability exercises.
- Management of the daily taste panel.
- Involvement in all factory improvements ensuring that all new machinery is included in all glass registers, risk assessments
- Weekly (or monthly) complaints, micro and KPI meetings with the technical QA team and the factory team
- First line contact with the factory – this is a hands-on, factory role and presence in the factory, working with the QA’s and operational and engineering staff is essential
- Management of all goods in checks and raw material release, shelf life extensions / date life management
- Control of returned stock
- Communication of the overtime and laboratory budget
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Food Science or equivalent related discipline
- Significant experience within the food manufacturing industry
- Level 3 HACCP
- Knowledge of BRC and Retailer Code of Practice
- Computer literate with working knowledge of computer applications / Microsoft Office Desirable
- Management of people
- Audit Experience
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/7112.