QA ManagerSilven Recruitment Posted 19/05/2020
£35,000 – £40,000
Shropshire / Staffordshire
Job Reference: GG/7070
A well-established supplier to retailers, food service, B2B and brand owners. The company develops, processes and packs a large range of products. The company employs c. 250 people and runs a 24/7 operation. The site holds several accreditations including BRC A+, Organic, Fair Trade, RSPO, Red Tractor, Halal etc.
- Working with the production teams and customers, review the factory operation daily to ensure that products meet the Food Safety, Quality and Legality standards set by the company, customers and regulatory authorities.
- Champion the ‘Right First Time, Every Time’ approach to quality issues across the site, the emphasis of this being is working in partnership with the Operation team.
- Maintain internal quality systems, including BRC, customer technical standards, and ensure that processes are in place to determine customer’s needs and expectations, they are clearly defined, and ensure that these requirements are fulfilled.
- Inspect the factory daily for compliance to company standards, identify any areas of non-compliance together with a root cause analysis, and proactively manage the corrective action plan to rectify any deficiencies.
- Manage site internal audit schedule as per the FSQM system and ensure any non- conformances are identified, tracked and closed out by the relevant manager(s). Where necessary assist in drawing up a corrective action plan and monitor progress.
- Investigate customer complaints and undertake a root cause analysis to identify on-going improvements to Food Safety, Quality or Regulatory standards to avoid a reoccurrence. Prepare formal customer complaint responses and KPI reports.
- Assist with managing the pest control programme and respond rapidly to any issues which pose a risk to products, raw materials or packaging.
- Investigate internal non-conformances and where applicable decide on disposition of any affected stock. Ensure that issues are recorded and communicated to the site wide team.
- Plan, prioritise and organise the workload of the QA & roving QA staff. Ensure they are fully utilised and completing tasks accurately and on time. Coach team members and support their individual development programmes.
- Attend daily production meeting and discuss any Food Safety, Quality or Legal issues or non-conforming materials/products/processes.
- Undertake supplier audits to ensure compliance to Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that cleaning validation and verification processes are completed and documented, and are reviewed as required i.e. anniversary, new equipment, new line etc.
- Key member of the HACCP team.
- Advanced Food Hygiene
- HACCP L4
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a Technical role working within a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage effectively across all levels
- Adaptability to the changing demands of the customer.
- Strong leadership / management skills
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/7070.