Project Management LeadSilven Recruitment Posted 15/01/2021
Project Management Lead
£70K-£75K + Car Allowance + Bonus
Manchester (with UK-wide travel)
Job Reference: GG/8523
A key role within the central Projects team of a global food company. You will ensure the successful evaluation and delivery of capital projects across 8 UK sites. This is a high-profile central position requiring collaboration with Site General Managers and Site Engineering Managers.
- Oversee and be responsible for the delivery of various capital projects throughout the UK
- Continually monitor progress to ensure meeting of specific deadlines.
- Ensure the correct delivery of all stages of projects from development through to post implementation reviews, including, URS creation, tendering and supplier selection, Resource, time and cost management, Control of contractors with CDM, Contract management, FAT, SAT and formal hand back and project closure.
- Provide a risk management strategy for the project and implement associated processes and tools to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management of project risks
- Lead project update meetings, and document project status and issues.
- Cash capex control, prioritisation & delivery (not accepting of project drift), robust delivery of projects to support the UK business units.
- Manage the process of project feasibility studies through a number of project engineers.
- Evaluate feasibility studies and make be responsible for the detailed output and recommendations, including budget time plan and technical solution
- Review, update key Project delivery tools and templates. Including the integration of these tools into electronic project management system.
- Propose conceptual and high-level designs or challenge and alter such design proposals
Skills & Experience
- Industry Specific Skills: Experience in designing, procurement, installation and commissioning of production lines, factory & office buildings, automations systems, build in the innovation coming in ‐ proposing ideas
- Significant experience in engineering and engineering project management.
- Proven capability within a Blue-Chip Organisation including the ability to positively engage at senior level.
- Hands on user experience of AutoCAD
- Bakery experience preferred, Food/FMCG essential
- BSc ‐ Degree in Engineering
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Project Management certification e.g., Prince2. are preferred.
- The ability to travel within region (70-100%)
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 07487 732 962 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/8523.