Process Technologist – BakeryPosted 25th July 2019
Process Technologist – Bakery
£34,000 + Benefits
Job Reference: GG/5626
Are you an ambitious Process or NPD Technologist who would like to join one of the best-known food manufacturers in north west: a hugely successful business and a producer of some of the most popular products on the supermarket shelves?
If so, please read on…
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring product concepts from the Concept Team are up scaled in the factory for timely and accurate delivery to our retail customers.
- Plan, manage and control factory trials and resolve and co-ordinate internal and external issues to remove roadblocks to launches
- Project manage critical path processes and meetings to ensure all relevant plans are adhered to and successful launch result with agreed dates and costings
- Liaise effectively with Senior Process Technologist to determine key development priorities within their area.
- Challenge product reformulations to include recipe improvements and Value Optimisation customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with the packaging team to ensure packaging technology and innovation is an integral part of the development process
- Manage and review product costings and ensure that trial budgets are managed within budget and in conjunction with the factory
- Drive innovation and creativity in order to ensure products are recognised as best products in class and significantly cutting edge and superior to competitors.
- Liaise with the retailers and the Commercial department to ensure that the NPD teams are aligned against all development projects and the NPD creates concepts that are practical commercial propositions that are best in class
- Support the Process Manager /NPD Controller and ensure cross functional teams are co-ordinated, briefed and are working in support of NPD strategy and KPI’s
- Food related qualifications and/or several years’ experience in large scale Food Manufacture, preferably within Bakery or Desserts.
- Strong presentation, communication and engagement skills.
- Good network and knowledge of suppliers, raw materials and equipment.
- An understanding of key food safety principles, including HACCP.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Demonstrate forward thinking and long-term planning capabilities.
- Ability to problem solve to facilitate concept ideation through factory delivery.
- Organisation skills in order to enable delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- A good understanding of costing principles and ideally a knowledge and experience of Recipe Professor
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to email@example.com with GG/5626 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.